Start, Grow, or Transition Your Arizona Business
Have you decided to start your own business in Arizona? Maybe you already have a business but you want to change your entity classification. Either way, it is important to work with a business lawyer to make informed decisions. At LifePlan Legal AZ, we can help you understand your options and guide you through the process of business formations in Arizona.
Choosing the Right Business Entity
You have probably heard of many different types of business entities. The most common include limited liability corporations, general partnerships, limited partnerships, corporations, sole proprietorship, and professional associations. The two most common are the c-corp (corporations) and the LLC (limited liability corporations).
- Limited liability corporation: if you want to limit your personal exposure in the event of a lawsuit or other legal action against the business, then an LLC may be most appropriate.
- Corporations (C-Corporation): this is usually reserved for large companies with many shareholders and employees. This type of entity comes with its own set of rules.
- There are also limited partnerships and general partnerships. These are limited by the number of partners and have at least one general partner (the person who controls the company) and limited partners.
- Sole proprietorship: this is typically a small to medium sized business that offers products or services on an individual basis, without any formal organizational structure.
- The final type of entity is professional associations. Professional associations are business entities that are limited in scope, usually to one specific industry.
Our team will help you understand the differences and the pros and cons of each. This discussion is important as it impacts the taxation of your business, any potential liability exposure for you and your partners, and your ability to transfer ownership in the future.
Setting Up Your Business
Once you select the proper entity structure for your business, we will assist you in filing the appropriate documents and preparing organizational governing documents (such as articles of incorporation, by-laws, and operating agreements). These important documents create a roadmap for business growth.
Flat Fee Packages
Single Member or Multi-Member ARIZONA LLC FORMATION
Once we gather the necessary information, we prepare your Limited Liability Company (LLC) operating agreement and file your Articles of Organization with the Arizona Corporation Commission. Contact us for help with forming an LLC in Arizona.
Once we gather the necessary information, we prepare your corporation’s governing documents, including corporate bylaws and file your Articles of Incorporation with the Arizona Corporation Commission.
While these are the most popular business entities and packages we offer, don’t hesitate to ask about other entity formation types or business projects including our exit planning, growth planning, and Business Succession Planning services.
WE CAN HELP
Click here to schedule a free strategy session or call (602) 932-3187 to speak with a member of our team.