Working with An Estate planning Lawyer – Becoming a Client of LifePlan Legal AZ
Working with an estate planning lawyer can often times be overwhelming, but becoming a client at LifePlan Legal AZ is simple. Once you reach out to us – whether by phone or online – we’ll send you a confidential client questionnaire and begin preparing for your initial strategy session.
As easy as 1. 2. 3.
Step 1 – Book Your Initial Strategy Session
During your free strategy session we will accomplish three objectives:
- Understand your unique situation and needs.
- Ensure we are the right law firm to help you and
- Schedule your estate strategy consultation (step 2)
Step 2: – Your Estate Strategy Consultation
At this meeting, we will design a plan together that addresses all of your family’s goals by focusing on the three P’s of estate planning (people, property & plans) while creating a plan that prevents conflict by clearly articulating your values.
- People: Who are your Loved Ones, the people most important to you? This may include a spouse, children, grandchildren, siblings or parents. Beyond these, your “Loved Ones” may include charities, special causes, pets. We will take time to think about the impact others have had on your life.
- Property: Identify and make a list of the assets you own or control. This may include homes, vehicles, jewelry, artwork, investment accounts, pensions, life insurance or cash. How do you own these assets (outright, through debt/mortgage, with another person, within your business or through your employer)?
- Plans: After considering your people and your property, the next step is to figure out what you would like to happen for those people and to that property if you become incapacitated or die. Who do you want to make decisions for you if you cannot make them for yourself? Who will take care of your kids, your pets, your property if you are no longer able to? Would you like to avoid the cost and hassle of probate, minimize taxes make charitable donations?
These are just a few of the things we will discuss during your estate strategy consultation.
Step 3 – Review & Sign Your Plan
Within a couple weeks after your consultation, we will meet together to review and sign your estate documents. Our most popular plans include unlimited calls and questions plus complimentary annual reviews of your estate. We will even meet with your trustee.
Are You Ready?
When you are ready to starting working with an estate planning lawyer, click here to schedule your free strategy session or call (602) 932-3187 to speak with a member of our team.